LegacyWoW
Welcome tho the Community forum Of LegacyWoW #1 private server 4.x.x.

Dont have a Forum account yet? Register.

Got a account Log in.

Have fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LegacyWoW
Welcome tho the Community forum Of LegacyWoW #1 private server 4.x.x.

Dont have a Forum account yet? Register.

Got a account Log in.

Have fun.

LegacyWoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combustion bug

5 posters

Go down

Combustion bug Empty Combustion bug

Post  abruk Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 am

So I checked my combat log after duelling this firemage and saw that his combustion is what wrecked me.
I looked further into it and saw that combustion turned dots with an added value of about 4k per tick into a dot that hits 25k per tick when I had my elemental resistance totem out which reduced the fire damage taken by 75% + 3649 resilience which would mean the damage of the combustion ticks without reductions would be about 54042 which is just rediculous. Fire mages in full Heroic t13 can't do that much with their 2k-4k more spellpower than a 4.0.6 fire mage. This needs to be fixed so that firemages don't rule every other class.

abruk

Number of Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Combustion bug Empty Re: Combustion bug

Post  SecsyRed Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:03 am

abruk wrote:... I had my elemental resistance totem out which reduced the fire damage taken by 75% ...
It's defo not doing that. Elemental resistance gives you 195 resistance to some magic spell classes, thats all. An 300 spell pen would make you totem + kings + mark of the wild for example, useless.

SecsyRed
SecsyRed
Trial GM
Trial GM

Number of Posts : 24
Residence : Iasington

Back to top Go down

Post  Ner'zhul Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 pm

SecsyRed wrote:
abruk wrote:... I had my elemental resistance totem out which reduced the fire damage taken by 75% ...
It's defo not doing that. Elemental resistance gives you 195 resistance to some magic spell classes, thats all. An 300 spell pen would make you totem + kings + mark of the wild for example, useless.

max cap of spell pene is 195 if i remeber and btw fire is way too op.20k ignites and 12k ticks combustions

Ner'zhul
VIP
VIP

Number of Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Anguskhan Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm

You can stack as much spell pen as you want. There is no "cap" other than the amount of gem slots you want to allocate, the cloak, wand if you wish, and cloak enchant. Now anything past a certain point would be useless, as it would literally do nothing for you other than take away from other stats you could be gemming into, you could still max it out.
Anguskhan
Anguskhan
Admin
Admin

Number of Posts : 84
Residence : Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronic Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 pm

yea right. SS me a pic of 25k combustion tick then.

Chronic
Developer / Owner
Developer / Owner

Number of Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Ner'zhul Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Chronic wrote:yea right. SS me a pic of 25k combustion tick then.
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/21/wowscrnshot082912224321.jpg/ 19k combustion

Ner'zhul
VIP
VIP

Number of Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum