LegacyWoW
Welcome tho the Community forum Of LegacyWoW #1 private server 4.x.x.

Dont have a Forum account yet? Register.

Got a account Log in.

Have fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LegacyWoW
Welcome tho the Community forum Of LegacyWoW #1 private server 4.x.x.

Dont have a Forum account yet? Register.

Got a account Log in.

Have fun.

LegacyWoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arms Warrior Macro's

2 posters

Go down

Arms Warrior Macro's Empty Arms Warrior Macro's

Post  Zackyo Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Rotation is the sequence in which you use your spells, or abilities.

For arms warriors it goes like this:

Charge > Rend > Hamstring > Mortal Strike > Heroic Strike/Slam
> Overpower(When available) and than finally Execute(20% Health).

I have made macros that will make this rotation easy, as well as add "Stance Dancing".
Now, Stance Dancing means you're switching stances, while maintaining your rage, thanks to Tactical Mastery. ..And with that, you're maximizing your damage.

Charge -

#showtooltip Charge
/cast Battle Stance
/cast Charge
/Cast Rend
/cast hamstring
Mortal/Heroic Strike -

#showtooltip Mortal Strike
/cast Berserker Stance
/cast Mortal Strike
/cast Heroic Strike
Overpower -

#showtooltip Overpower
/cast Battle Stance
/cast Overpower

Now finally.. stats.

Strength > Hit Cap (8%) > Expertise.. and than Crit > Mastery > Haste
Strength = Attack Power = Damage
Hit Cap + Expertise = Less dodge/parry/miss change
Crit = more damage
Mastery = ..
Haste = Faster Attacks

I hope I helped, and thank you for reading my guide for Arms Warriors.
-Morph
Zackyo
Zackyo

Number of Posts : 2

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029375215?l=norwegian

Back to top Go down

Arms Warrior Macro's Empty Re: Arms Warrior Macro's

Post  Anguskhan Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 am

A couple of corrections I see fit to make:

1) The stat priority. First off the hit should be 5% for PvP. 8% is actually for PvE. The only difference is when you go against a Night Elf. But unless you plan to go against many of them (which happens rarely on private servers) you can stick with the 5%. Expertise is also a stat that changes per class faced. A good general amount is 16 expertise. But, you only need 12 for a mage, but you may need up to 26 for rogues or feral druids, to offset their dodging. 16-20 is seen as a balanced amount, since you actually want them to dodge every once in a while to get off more Overpowers. My stat priority that I use is:

Code:
Strength > Hit (5%) > Expertise (up to 14) > Crit > Mastery >= Expertise (up to 24) > Haste

2) Charge should be used to gain juggernaut, or to close gaps ONLY. Charge is used differently against different classes, so I would not make it a main priority, but a situational one. My sequence I have always used has been:

Code:
Hamstring > Rend (when not on target) > double Hamstring (when available) > Mortal Strike (to refresh Lambs) > Overpower > Slam > Mortal Strike (with full lambs) > Heroic Strike (rage dump) > Execute (20% health)

The reasoning behind this. First, you want to keep them slowed. The rend is no use if they are running away from you. Then you want the rend dot to be able to overpower them. Second is the double Hamstring for the immobilize. The Mortal Strike should be used to keep the Lambs to the Slaughter up. Otherwise, Mortal Strike falls below Slam for damage and rage efficiency. Overpower has a +60% crit chance, putting it well above Slam on the rotation. This is because it costs... 5 rage! You can spam this move, especially against rogues *wink wink*. Slam should only be used if specced into slam. Otherwise avoid it entirely. Personally I do use slam, but I know many warriors who do not, and do just fine.

IMPORTANT: I did not mention Colossus Smash. This move alone will increase your damage exponentially against everyone. Yes, even against clothies. While it is wise to use this move carefully, and mainly when you have your offensive cooldowns, I tend to use this move as often as possible. I find that it comes back rather quickly, and puts the person you are facing into a defensive position most of the time (which can save your hide).

3) For your charge macro, you do not need /cast battle stance. This is because the juggernaut talent lets you use charge in all stances. If the macro does not work without /cast battle stance, it is because you also have /cast hamstring, which prevents it from being cast in defensive stance. The rend makes it impossible to cast in berserker stance, thus limiting the stance to ONLY battle. Remove those two lines from the macro and it works perfectly. My macro is like this:

Code:
#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/cancelaura Spell Reflection
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [stance:2,@mouseover,exists,nodead,help] Intervene; [mod:shift,@focus,exists,nodead] Charge; Charge

Here is how this code works. First, it dismounts you if you are mounted, allowing for a faster charge while in BGs or arenas. Second, it cancels spell reflect. Useful against good mages who will polymorph themselves. Then I use it to cancel bladestorm. Again mainly against mages, who will blink away from bladestorm (only the medium skilled ones will). That or rogues who will feint/evasion it. Then you can roflstomp them. Lastly, it will intervene a target if you are in defensive stance and you have your mouseover them, it will charge your focus if you are holding down shift, or it will just plainly charge.

4) The stance dance for Mortal Strike is unneeded. I can personally say I would lose a ton of rage, and time, if I switched to berserker stance every time I used Mortal Strike, just for a small damage increase. For Overpower, I would suggest also casting Heroic Strike with it. Just a preference for both of them, but they have worked for me.

Just a few thoughts, take them or leave them it's up to you.
Anguskhan
Anguskhan
Admin
Admin

Number of Posts : 84
Residence : Texas

Back to top Go down

Arms Warrior Macro's Empty Re: Arms Warrior Macro's

Post  Zackyo Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Mhm, Thanks for the support.
-Morph
Zackyo